Some of the challenges with software development are timing, delays, and road mapping…Sound familiar! Much like construction, there has to be a process from initial consultation, conceptual planning with a number of phases on our way to substantial completion + the never-ending maintenance planning. In addition, construction stakeholders have to be forward-thinking, always hunting for the next projects. Kind of like Tuckman’s model of forming, storming, norming, and performing. Development stages in all examples are nearly synonymous; there is a process.
Bid Management Improvements:
- Allow individual bidder resubmissions with adjustable deadlines.
- Bid invites can be forwarded within their company. Everyone in your “office” on the same page.
- Read-Only option for secondary stakeholders. Give your clients and any other additional stakeholders real-time access to bid and contract progress. Yes, and let’s make sure they don’t mess around with anything.
Construction Phase improvements:
- Auto-populate letterheads for payment and change documents with the client, contractor and consultant details
- Performance improvements for larger Change Orders + change requests.
- Single SAVE button for editing and configuring documents.
*Top 5 favourite features:
- Instant bid-tabulation at the deadline
- historic line-item data pop-up for cost-estimating
- Auto-addenda builder
- Smart-spreadsheet-importer: recognizes various contract styles
- Only allow submission of complete + compliant bids: with automated bidders checklist